Almost everyone is familiar with the cannabinoid called CBD. Over the years CBD received massive reception by the pharmaceutical, food, and drinks industry. Well, there’s a new cannabinoid in town that has been raking positive reviews. The name of this new cannabinoid is CANNABIGEROL or CBG for short.
You may have heard of it and you mightn’t, that’s totally okay. There’s no right time for acquiring knowledge. This article provides you with everything you need to know about CBG, its benefits, and the differences between CBG and CBD.
What is CBG?
CBG is an acronym for Cannabigerol. It is one of the least prevalent cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. The quantity of CBG found in most plants is below 1%.
Cannabigerol is gotten from a parent cannabinoid called Cannabigerolic acid. This parent cannabinoid also serves as a precursor to CBD and THC. However, CBG is only found in abundance in cannabis strains that have low THC and High CBD quantity.
CBG is not responsible for highness or the munchies. No studies have discovered Any side effects of taking CBG yet but still one has to watch the dosage. Know more here!
Health benefits of CBG
The studies that have been carried out on CBD are quite few, but they still hold water. These studies have found CBG to have several health benefits. Some of these benefits includes;
- Bowel inflammation: According to studies done on CBG, it reduces the inflammation capacity of our bowels.
- Appetite loss: In 2017, a research study was done on CBG using rats as a specimen. Results showed that the appetite of the rats were stimulated due to the intake of CBG.
- Cancer: CBG acts by reducing the division of cancerous cells in cancer patients.
- Neurodegenerative disease (Huntington’s disease): CBG protects the neurons in our brain from degenerative effects.
- Antibacterial effects: Research shows that CBG is very active against methicillin Resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Bladder dysfunction: CBG improves bladder contraction and may be able to prevent to prevent bladder dysfunction.
- Glaucoma: CBG acts by reducing pressure in the eye.
CBG vs. CBD: What is the difference?
CBD is literally made from CBG, and although, they’re both cannabinoids, they still differ from each other. They serve humans with different health benefits. While CBD provides calm sensation, CBG is for physical ailments.
Both CBG and CBD will cause no form of mind alteration. Unless they are used in combination with THC. Also, CBD and CBG can drastically reduce the effects of THC in our body.
For example, if you take a considerable amount of THC and you feel a type of high? A strain of CBD or CBG will the reduce the effects of that THC on your system.
There are hardly any conclusive research that proves the medical prowess of CBG. All the results are promising and by paying more attention to it, more groundbreaking results will be ascertained.
All you need to do right now is to be open minded to CBG products. Ask your doctor for the best CBG products you can take, and then, get a prescription from the doctor. Click here for further details: https://www.herbstavern.net/what-to-look-out-for-in-shopping-for-cbd-oil-the-best-10-cbd-products/